Moonlight Kentucky Bluegrass Seed300124
With extremely dark green color derived from world-famous Midnight Kentucky Bluegrass, Midnight Star is a truly unique Kentucky Bluegrass variety. A Midnight-hybrid with improved seed yield and excellent rust resistance, Midnight Star blends with the darkest of the elite bluegrasses for improved turf quality.
- Low, spreading growth habit/moderately aggressive/medium leaf width
- Very uniform, moderately dense turf with extremely dark green color
- Performs well in a wide range of well-drained soils, pH 5.5 to 7.5
- Very good performance throughout traditional range of Kentucky bluegrass
- Very good summer and fall density
- Very good performance at cutting heights at or above 1"
- Very good disease tolerance, including stripe rust and Rhizoctonia sheath spot
- Performs well in full sun to light shade
- Early fall and spring seedings are best – late spring/summer plantings not recommended in most locations
- Seedbed should be kept moist during germination and early establishment
- Germinates in 14 to 21 days with optimal soil temperatures, 55?80 degrees
- Full coverage in 8 to 10 weeks
- First mowing recommended when turf reaches approximately 2" in height
- For best performance, fertilize at an annual rate of 3-4 pounds of Nitrogen per 1,000 square feet
- Deep, infrequent irrigation during the cooler months as needed/light, more frequent irrigations during the summer months in absence of rainfall
- Recommended mowing height: 1-2.5"
Size: 3 pound bag